Sunday, August 18, 2013

Common Core... AGAIN


As I am getting ready for the new year I have been racking my brain trying to write out the lesson plans with all of the “new” stuff…The new stuff being the Common Core State Standards.  I’m not sure about anyone else, but I will say that for the bazillionth (is that even a word???) time I was sent to a workshop about CCSS and what did I walk away with, well not much.  They keep talking to us about the shifts and what they are all about, but not once has anyone shown me how this is actually going to work in my classroom.  I feel like I’m grasping at straws to figure out what I am supposed to be changing or doing.  I figure that it what everyone else is doing to, so maybe we are all in the same some-what sinking ship!  

Anyway, I was looking for some ideas this week and ran across a few on TpT and of course Pinterest!  For a while I felt inadequate that I wasn’t doing all these great things… that wore off pretty quick though.  I’m not superman, supermom, or superteacher.  I give it what I got, and sometimes it’s AH-wait for it-Mazing, and other times it is a gigantic flop.  I did find some good stuff for teaching the four types of sentences.  I found a great Anchor Chart and Graphic Organizer.  I also found another blog Lessons with Laughter that was also doing the 4 types of sentences.  Great stuff!

Super Awesome Anchor Chart from

Great Graphic Organizer from Pinterst


Lessons with Laughter
So with that I'm done for now... Don't forget that Teachers Pay Teachers is having a BIG SALE!  Everything in my story is 28% off right now.  Since I know everyone is broke right about now I'm also going to throw a little freebie on here to enjoy.  So I have added one of my best sellers to the blog to get your year started out right.  My theme is Movies/Hollywood.  Soooo... here are some Movie/Hollywood calendar pieces to start your calendar out looking fabulously!


Click Here for Download

No comments:

Post a Comment