Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Birthday Party!

 
















We had such a great party!  Good games, good food, good fun!  The only problem...we all got sick. Boo!  I thought I would share some pictures of the day.  I went easy on the food this year and kept it simple.  We ordered pizza, had a simple salad, green grapes, and plenty of drinks.I worked the day before to make his cake.  It took three cake mixes, a ton of powdered sugar, and way too much food coloring gel :)


I was lucky enough to find the cake topper on Amazon.com and it was only like $9.00.  Then we were walking through Wal-Mart and I found the 6 that had the purple, red, orange, and yellow polka dots.. matched so well we had to have it, and at only $1 it was a deal.  Finally, I was in Walgreens the other day and they have this pack of gummy foods, and one of the gummy foods is a pizza.  I bought a couple packs and used the gummy pizza on the bottom layer of the cake.

Well before we got to the cake we played a couple "games". We headed outside for some ninja training course action.  My husband set up tunnels, a balance beam, flags to weave in and out of, things to hop over, and even a dummy to karate chop!  The kids had a super fun time running it over and over again.  Then we got out the pinata and pulled the ribbons to release all of the candy and to fun. 




 And just a couple pics from the cute decorations.  Mucho thanks to our friend Kristy for snapping the pics!




1 comment:

  1. Beautiful cake! Kids enjoy games and sweets more than anything at the parties. My son's success party was organized for his big achievement in academics. One of the reliable event venues was hired for playful activities for all his mates. Food ordered was from nearby places and cup cakes were all of chocolate flavors.

    ReplyDelete